This morning we had an ultrasound and everything looked how we expected it to. Fluid levels are dropping again, but there is still enough that we were at least able to find a few pockets. It seems as though the incision in baby's belly has healed - there was a lot of fluid in his tummy, but the bladder is still small - suggesting the bladder itself, either from a rupture or from the incision, still has not healed up.
We will not go in again until Thursday - hoping at that point to see baby's bladder filling again so we can plan for reattempting the surgery. The more I think about it the more frustrated I am that the first surgery failed. With each procedure, the risks grow much higher, not to mention just the time and stress of waiting. It's just hard for me to think that if it had been successful last week, I would be back home with the kids in just a few days and have so much less to worry about. But at the same time I know that our doctors and surgeons are doing all they can to give our baby a fighting chance, just like we are. It was our choice to opt for this new surgery, and while I still feel it's a much better alternative, its hard to be the guinea pigs!
We are guessing that if all goes well, that we will be reattempting surgery next Monday. If so, Vahe may go get the kiddos over the weekend and bring them here. At first we were hesitant to bring them in case the outcome does not turn out as we expect - but, even if the worst happens - I can't imagine any better healing than to have them here. Of course we are still very hopeful and feel everything will go ok - in any situation I just can't wait to squeeze them! I know that anticipation will help me get through this week so much easier!